Some Japanese Phrases/Words

These are some words that i know in nihongo... hope it help


iie kekkou desu - no thank you
kore wa ikura desuka? - how much is this ____
wa doko desuka? - where is____?
tasukete - help!
watashi wa___desu - my name is____
youkoso - welcome
kore wa nandesuka? - what is this?
Ohayou-gozaimasu - Good morning. Short: Ohayou
Konnichiwa - Good day, hello
Konbanwa - Good evening
Mushi Mushi - Hello *normally use when pick up the phone
Oyasumi-nasai - Good night. Normally used before going to bed. Short: Oyasumi
Sayonara - Goodbye
Ja ne - Bye or see you later
Dewa mata/ja mata - See you later
Mata ashita - See you next day
Arigatou-gozaimasu - Thank you. Short: Arigatou
Do itashimashite - You're welcome
Sumimasen - Sorry, excuse me
Gomen-nasai - Sorry, excuse me. Short: Gomen
Honto? - Really?
Iie - No
Hai - Yes
Nani - What?
Dare - Who
Koko - Here
Soko - There
Doushite - Why

Watashi - I
Anata - You
Minasan - Everyone
Kare - he/she
Ittekimasu - I'll be back
Itterasshai - Take care
Tadaima - I'm back (lit. "I have returned just now.")
Okaeri nasai - Welcome back/Welcome home

Gakkou - School
Kaimono - Shopping
Tomodachi - Friend
Himitsu - Secret
Sekai - World
Mizu - Water

Daijoubu - safe, all right, O.K
Hajimemashite - How do you do?, I am glad to meet you, Nice to meet you
Douzo - Please, kindly, by all means
Yoroshiku - Please remember me, well, properly, suitably, best regards
Irasshaimase - May I help you
Kore was nan desu ka - What is this?
Ogenki desu ka? - How are you?
Ogenkidesu - fine
Kawaii - pretty, cute; lovely, charming, dear, darling, pet
Sugoi - Wow, cool, super!

Umi - Sea
Ookii - Big
Chiisai - Small
Baka - Stupid
Ashita - Tomorrow
Asatte - the day after tomorrow
Kyo - Today
Tanjoobi - Birthday
O tanjoubi omedeto - Happy birthday
Asoko - Overthere
Hayaku - Early, Hurry
Matsu - to wait
Chotto mattekudasai - Please wait a little.
Issho - Together
Ikimashou - Let's go
Wakarimashita - I understand. Short: Wakata
Wakarimasen - I don't understand, I have no idea
Nandemonai - It's nothing! Meaning easy
Shizumatte kudasei - Please be quiet
Shizuka ni - Be quiet!
Damare - Shut up!
Zutto - Totally

Dozo osakini - Please, go ahead
Gochiso sama deshita - Thanks for the food (after a meal)
Ittadakimasu - Thanks for the food (before a meal)
Mo ichido - Once more
O daijini - Take care of yourself
Omedeto gozaimasu - Congratulations
Onegaishimasu - Please
Osakini - Pardon my going first

ichi - one
ni - two
san - three
shi/yon - four
go - five
rokou - six
shichi/nana - seven
hachi - eight
ku/kyuu - nine
juu - ten

Akai - Red
Aoi - Blue
Kiiroi - Yellow
Midori - Green
Orengi - Orange
Murasaki - Purple
Chairoi - Brown
Haiiro - Grey
Kuroi - Black
Shiroi - White

Hazumi - Spring
Kyuuka - Summer
Aki - Autumn
Fuyu - Winter
Imouto-san/Imouto - little sister
Itouto-san/Itouto - little brother
Oba-san/Oba - aunt
Obaa-san/Sobu - grandmother
Oitoko-san/Itoko - cousin
Oji-san/Oji - uncle
Ojii-san/Sofu - grandfather
Okaa-san/Haha - mother
Onee-san/Ane - older sister
Onii-san/Ani - older brother
Otou-san/Chichi - father
I Love You : Kimi o ai shiteru
Ai shiteru
Chuu shiteyo
Ora omee no koto ga suki da
Ore wa omae ga suki da
Suitonnen
Sukiyanen
Sukiyo
Watashi Wa Anata Ga Suki Desu
Watashi Wa Anata Wo Aishithe Imasu
Watakushi-wa anata-wo ai shimasu
Suki desu (used at 1st time, like for a start , when you are not yet real lovers)

2 comments:

Kathe O. Francisco said...

i like this one kenwee.. :)
add me on your blogroll..
and i will do the same..thanks!

CorinTH said...

haha thanks!! :)

cge2 add kita ass follower :)

Post a Comment